Southern Arizona’s news leader is seeking a compelling anchor. Are you a born storyteller who loves to lead a team of both experienced and novice journalists? KOLD/KMSB has an immediate opening for an anchor/reporter to join our award-winning newsroom. This position requires exceptional news judgment, high work ethic, and a team-oriented approach to winning. Previous experience is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/OTT platforms.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in investigative and research-driven journalism.
• Work with the news director and newsroom leaders to produce day turns and/or promotable packages. It is also common for our anchors to field anchor breaking news and high-profile reports.
• Write copy for all platforms.
• Execute a daily digital plan tailored to your daily assignments and long-term projects. This includes posting to social media throughout your shift, identifying opportunities for live streaming on our website/CTV (streaming.) platforms/Facebook, getting breaking news, live and user-generated content into our newscasts.
• Understand our DMA and key target audiences.
• Be a self-starter who can develop sources, able to go beyond press releases, and enterprise content.
• Participate in daily editorial meetings.
• Minimum two years of newsroom experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field.
• The desire to win and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• An established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and CTV
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style and broadcast writing.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity.
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, meet deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during high-pressure breaking news moments.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking news and severe weather events.
• Experience with shooting and editing unique content.
• MVR check required.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references (provide reel/demo of work)