Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI TV / KOTI TV is searching for a hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead one of the most dynamic local newsrooms in the country. Our mission is to produce impactful stories with a distinct focus on unbiased news for Southern Oregon and Northern California.
KOBI TV and KOTI TV, serving Southern Oregon and Northern California are based in Medford, Oregon. These NBC affiliates are two of the few independently owned stations left in the United States. The station are leaders in community engagement and have won numerous state and national awards for creating programs that make a difference in the communities it serves. Please visit kobi5.com to view the quality of work currently being done by our journalists.
• Manage the station’s news operations, establish goals, and oversee the team responsible for producing over 29 hours of local news weekly.
• Initiate and manage the growth of content delivery across multiple platforms.
• Collaborate closely with station management to define the news content, philosophy, and direction.
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and provide constructive feedback to the news staff.
• Recruit, hire, and negotiate contracts for personnel in the news department.
• Work in coordination with other managers to develop marketing plans, set ratings goals, and effectively achieve these targets.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Strong understanding of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws.
• Ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and a track record of building a successful news organization.
• A journalism degree and a minimum of five years of experience in broadcast news with demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
Full-time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, which includes a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, and vacation time.
KOBI is licensed by the FCC and, therefore, must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate must pass a 10-panel drug screen, including marijuana (THC). A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements. We require all new hires to be COVID-19 vaccinated and up-to-date, including booster(s). A valid driver’s license is also required.
Contact:Director of HR
You must sign in to apply for this position.