Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for an Executive Producer/Anchor for our NBC5 newscasts. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. Producing and anchoring experience are required.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing story ideas and story leads
· Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
· Producing newscast(s)
· Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors and reporters
· Anchoring newscasts
· Developing content for social media platforms
· Assist News Director as needed
To qualify for this position, you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
· Newsroom leadership experience
· At least 1 year of anchoring experience
· Knowledge of news gathering, production and writing
· Strong writing, reporting and organizational skills
· Ability to work professionally in high pressure situations and without supervision
· The ability to work with the news team and general public
Please include a link to your news reel.
This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3 year driving record check and a 7 year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to include up to date booster.
Contact:Director of HR
You must sign in to apply for this position.