Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for a PM Anchor to join our NBC5 News at Team. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. Proficiency with a newsroom computer system and knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, are requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors and reporters
• Anchoring newscasts
• Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
• At least 1 year of anchoring experience
• Knowledge of news gathering and production
• Strong writing, reporting and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high pressure situations and without supervision
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes:
medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance,
short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Requirements:KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements. We also require all new staff members to be up-to-date with CDC COVID-19 vaccination recommendations. California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, sex, religion, age, or national origin. California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc., Medford, Oregon. Established in 1933
You must sign in to apply for this position.