Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 is looking for an enthusiastic News Anchor/Multimedia Journalist to join our NBC5 News team. A qualified candidate will have a journalism degree or equivalent, will have solid reporting experience and the ability to professionally report news on-air, have at least 1 year of experience anchoring newscasts, enterprising stories, producing, filming, and editing. Proficiency with a newsroom computer system and knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, are requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors, and reporters
• Anchoring newscasts
• Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
• At least 1 year of anchoring experience
• Knowledge of news gathering and production
• Strong writing, reporting, and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high-pressure situations and without supervision
*Please include a link to your newsreel*
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check, and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. KOBI-TV NBC5 requires all new hires to be COVID-19 vaccinated and up-to-date, which does include boosters. A valid driver’s license is also required.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Contact:Director of HR
You must sign in to apply for this position.