Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for a newscast producer for our early morning newscast, NBC5 News at Sunrise. The position requires early morning hours, midnight to 8 am, Monday – Friday. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Finding enterprising stories by scanning newspapers, news websites, social media and local sources
• Updating social media and news website
• Assists with all other activities as they relate to producing a newscast
• Editing video for morning newscasts
• Rolling video clips during newscasts
• Operating cameras during newscasts
Required Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to evaluate and make sound judgments and decisions regarding a news story’s content, accuracy, positioning, and priority
• Strong knowledge of past and present news events and their relevance to current events
• Ability to help produce a daily, well-written and balanced news program
• Ability to manage and interact well with all staff during high-pressure situations
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and without supervision
• Ability to professionally operate editing equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check, and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to include up to date booster.
Contact:Director of HR
You must sign in to apply for this position.