The Non-News Host, at KNXV, will perform daily hosting duties of a local non-news television show, as well as personal appearances, on-air and on-line representation of the station in the community, commercials, and promotions. The show’s primary purpose is to generate sales revenue. Act as the face and voice of designated station sponsored events and station commercial clients and programs when required.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ longtime motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Work together with the co-host and producers to create, gather, write, and execute all production related to programs, web reporting, live-to-tape segments, station sponsored events and sales generated events, work with the sales department and clients on paid segments.
- Prepare and host a local non-news television show, along with other local non-news programming and special projects as needed.
- Report and present stories on station’s live programs, recorded programs, and all entertainment properties; report live on location as necessary.
- Present information conversationally and engage with audience on camera as well as through other multi-media platforms (i.e., blogs, writing internet articles); clearly and concisely present information; work from script and perform impromptu conversation as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with assigned photographer on segments if one is assigned.
- Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Generally, 3+ years of professional broadcasting experience preferred.
- Ability to write feature packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and come up with clever ideas about a given topic or situation.
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and libel laws.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
- Flexible hours and travel may be required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.