Website KNXV-TV ABC15 KNXV-TV ABC15
KNXV, The E.W. Scripps Company ABC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, is looking for an experienced Executive Producer to lead our mornings team. The Executive Producer has overall responsibility for newscasts or local programs, including oversight on story selection, content, and production, ensuring that the station is competitive within the market.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery, Laff and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Responsible for managing newscasts or local program content and showcasing across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with editors, producers and/or the assignment desk to select stories for coverage.
- Oversee and edit the writing of content, including but not limited to teases and web headlines.
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs.
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually.
- Supervise pre-production to ensure quality and ethical standards and coordination between control room and design staff.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years journalism experience; 5 years previous news producing experience preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Ability to create tactics and strategies to increase demo performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
- Have working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
You must sign in to apply for this position.