About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KGWN-TV is the dominant news source for the Cheyenne-Scottsbluff market. KGWN-TV is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, the Capital City and Cheyenne Frontier Days, the world’s largest outdoor rodeo.
At Wyoming News Now, we’re looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our award winning news team. This is a great opportunity for someone eager to learn and grow in the broadcast industry. Just recently, we’ve sent people to Denver, West Palm Beach Florida, Shreveport, LA and Buffalo, NY. If you’re looking for opportunity, we have it in spades!
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
– Be ready and willing to work various schedules depending on the staffing needs of the station
– Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media, the stations website and news app. Meet tight daily deadlines. Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news.
– Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
– Fill in anchor as needed
– Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air.
– Flexibility in scheduling to respond to the changing news landscape.
– A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
– Familiarity with non-linear editing, TVU, Sony ENG, Social Media is a plus.
– Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct himself/herself in a professional and cordial manner which reflects credit on the station.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
You must sign in to apply for this position.