Your Trusted Local News Source
KCRG-TV9 is seeking an anchor/reporter to join the top rated, most watched news team in eastern Iowa. This position is a leader in the newsroom, helping guide and shape weekend news coverage. In addition to weekend anchoring and fill-in anchoring on other shifts, the position is expected to be a leader reporting during the week: developing sources, enterprising ideas and executing strong storytelling. We are a strong news market – particularly if you love political news with the Iowa Caucuses. Our station is built on being a trusted source for strong journalism. We are looking for someone excited about covering important news stories to join that legacy.
About Gray Television:
- Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
- We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
- KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a bureau in Dubuque covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Anchor newscasts, presenting information clearly and professionally.
- Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area.
- Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports.
- Write and produce newscasts covering the top local and national headlines.
- Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms.
- Develop social media audience and engage with that audience regularly.
- Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals.
- Professional newsroom experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Previous on-air experience.
- Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.