Your Trusted Local News Source
KCRG is seeking an Account Executive to work with local businesses to create dynamic and results driven marketing and advertising campaigns through broadcast and digital platforms. Our goal is to become an extension of our clients’ staff and to help them grow their business. If you would enjoy deep business conversations with aggressive entrepreneurs and would find pleasure in helping them advance their products and services to new and existing customers, this position might be a good fit for you. At KCRG TV9, we work hard, we take pride in winning, we celebrate success, and we have fun! Come work with the number one television station in Eastern Iowa. Excellent earning potential and competitive benefits package.
About Gray Television: Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About KCRG: KCRG TV9 is the ABC affiliate in Cedar Rapids and is owned by Gray Television, Inc. KCRG’s crew of dedicated reporters and staff serves the Eastern Iowa region. The station is a longtime leader in local news and programming in the region. KCRG 9.2 brings local live events to Eastern Iowa, including high school and college sports, show choirs, parades, and much more. The CW 9.3 joined the KCRG portfolio in 2021, and this station carries highly viewed programming from the CW network. KCRG is also part of Gray Digital Media (GDM), which offers high quality and targeted digital services, both locally and in all 50 states.
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects, learn about their business, and propose solutions.
- Sell broadcast and digital products, while establishing strong relationships with clients.
- Maintain quality service with clients by providing attribution reports, information and guidance; recommend new opportunities.
- Prospect and gain new clients, while limiting churn.
- Keep up-to-date on all products and services offered (through Gray training programs); learn new products and understand how clients can benefit from using them.
- Make monthly broadcast and digital goals.
- Stay organized; help client succeed in their business.
- Portray a positive attitude, which coincides with the positive brand reputation of KCRG in the marketplace.
- Previous sales experience is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must excel in presentation skills, developing strong client relationships, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals and sales planning.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and carry a positive attitude.
- A pre-employment and random drug screening is required. Must have a clean driving record.
- Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.