Website Hubbard Broadcasting
Help make Federal News Network the leading provider of news about the people, policies and programs of the federal government by optimizing the digital presentation and curation of our news content alongside a team of digital editors.
Responsibilities:Essential Job Functions:
- Edit and publish reporters' daily stories.
- Optimize digital content to suit the social media strategy and overseee strategy execution.
- Ensure we deliver first-rate and innovative storytelling through proven digital techniques.
- Use analytics platforms to monitor and improve digital engagement.
- Engage and convert online readers to email subscribers and social fans/followers.
- Supplement daily coverage with original reporting for both website and radio as needed.
- Demonstrate sound editorial judgment, including an understanding of institutional journalistic guidelines on ethics, tone and subject matter and a passion to bring good storytelling to digital and broadcast audiences.
- Ensure all content is optimized for social; work closely with the editorial staff on best practices for online readership and engagement.
- Plan and send email newsletters, push notifications and test new ways to reach readers directly.
- Build brand visibility and drive referral traffic by regularly and consistently engaging online with influencers and newsmakers in the federal space.
- Ensure our platforms and content are reader-friendly. Work in partnership with digital development team to increase user experience factors (i.e. load time, mobile friendliness)
- Follow emerging digital trends in digital journalism and social media. Be willing to experiment with new strategies and share findings with editorial team and/or larger management team as needed.
- Continually evaluate periodicity of social media postings to maximize their effect.
- Coordinate with web and editorial team on repurposing, rewriting, sharing and optimizing trending social media content.
- Apply paid Facebook boosts to content based on analytics and editorial initiatives.
- Experiment with new engagement tools and methods.
- Produce original content for all web platforms tied to audience engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in journalism, mass communications with a focus in interactive or multimedia journalism, preferred.
- Experience writing, copy editing and proofing for AP Style in a digital publishing environment.
- At least two years demonstrable experience in media-focused digital engagement, including but not limited to social media, newsletters, surveys and other engagement campaigns.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, breaking news situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn analytics tools, SEO techniques, and other digital tools. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but training is available.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
You must sign in to apply for this position.