Website Hubbard Broadcasting
The Community Digital Correspondent is responsible for documenting and creating local (New Mexico) stories and using different social/digital platforms to share the resulting product. The position will work with the Creative Services team to create a system for regular posts and distribution of local content, including marketing messaging and special news department projects.
- Produce, write, shoot, and edit online and on-air content for a variety of different social/digital/broadcast platforms.
- Create and maintain system to ensure daily/weekly posts on various platforms.
- Work with Department Head to create a calendar of posts for various types of content.
- Train Creative Services team in social/digital posting on variety of platforms.
- Publish various marketing and community content online using content management systems (CMS) and across a variety of social media sites
- Regularly pitch story-line ideas and short-form content for various uses
- Act in professional manner when representing the station at station events and/or community events
- Must have marketing-level knowledge of current social platforms as well as demonstrated comfort with online posting (i.e. work on websites).
- Previous experience working in broadcast or digital/social company desirable
- Demonstrated experience with various video-gathering equipment such as: ENG HD cameras, DSLR's, GoPro's and mobile phones, and related audio equipment. Similar equipment experience considered.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, or similar applications/programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in lighting techniques both inside and outside.
- Ability and willingness to conduct content-related interviews
- Must have familiarity with New Mexico's different communities and populations as it pertains to generating regular story ideas for social content. New Mexico resident or previous New Mexico resident preferred.
- Capable of proofreading and correctly spelling local and regional places and names.
- Must keep awareness of current events, both local and national.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment with various staff members, departments, production and editorial teams.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet project timelines
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to write, read, and speak English fluently. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Some travel may be required for this position. Must possess valid driver's license and have clean driving record as determined by Company policy. (Driving record will be checked)
- If a remote work schedule is agreed upon, the Company will require you to sign a Remote Work Agreement which establishes expectations for use of company equipment, personal equipment, home office supplies, etc.
- Must be able to listen and respond verbally in English to others as well as follow directions provided orally and in writing.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment as well as office equipment (including computer keyboard, telephone, copier, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to think critically and logically.
- Able to articulate information in a clear, concise manner to others verbally and in writing.
- Visual acuity to observe, asses, and identify Lip Sync, Closed captioning, and video artifacts from a distance
- Works with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Must be able to safely lift, carry, and move camera equipment up to 50lbs. This may include carrying equipment inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas to achieve the best viewpoint or as necessary for the story.
- The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions
You must sign in to apply for this position.