Website Hubbard Broadcasting
This position is responsible for conducting news research, and compiling and writing summaries, linking associated data for online database, and updating regularly.
- Working under the direction of the News department, conduct research on specifically assigned topics and create a comprehensive database of information that encompasses historical data with the ability to add updates moving forward.
- Perform work that is detailed and accurate.
- Write brief summaries, complete with embedded links and graphics, suitable for posting on the station website.
- Offer ideas that would enhance or improve the way workflow is completed.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternative schedules as needed.
- Complete other duties as needed or requested. Completes satisfactorily other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Experience with aggregating data and building databases
- Strong internet research skills
- High School Diploma; Some college preferred
- The ability to write in clear and concise language, breaking down complex issues for greater public understanding.
- Web design graphic skills a plus
- Follow directions and instructions well and offer solutions or ideas.
- Strong team player. Work well with others. Foster a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Sits, stands and walks on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to hear and see clearly.
- Dexterity to manipulate computer keys and other office equipment
- Requires the ability to think critically, analyze data, notice trends and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines.
- Good vision to see computer screen.
- Prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals.