Website Hubbard Broadcasting
The position of Executive Producer is responsible for raising the bar on storytelling, pushing for personal, and memorable stories. This position will be responsbile for story selection, cultivation, and crafting with reporters, anchors and producers.
- Work with producers to raise the quality of presentation for the top stories and content which fulfills our brand promise.
- Coach and supervise producers to improve overall newscast quality/showcasing/production value.
- Review news scripts for accuracy, legal issues, and proper grammar/spelling.
- Develop short, intermediate and long-range market strategies and plans which enhance the product and provide profitable solutions to customer/clients opportunities.
- Drive digital producers to use all social tools to further online and on-air news goals.
- Train new producers and associate producers.
- Responsible for scheduling news producers including overseeing all vacation and time off requests.
- May fill in for producers as needed.
- Produce special programming as needed.
- Writes and posts stories to the website and other media platforms. Posts to social media.
- Attends editorial and strategic meetings. Contributes story ideas on a daily basis.
- Five years of successful experience in key leadership role(s) within a television/radio newsroom.
- Experience leading a news team in designing and building daily newscasts and supervision of compelling news and tease copy writing.
- Deep understanding of content planning and editorial strategies; with the ability to execute these strategies.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and graphic skills required.
- Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to the staff.
- Ability to coach, inspire and motivate the next generation of television/digital journalists.
- Strong delegation and news judgement skills.
- Highly functional under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.