Website Hubbard Broadcasting
This position serves to ensure that all Master Control (MC) personnel meet the operational performance goals for KOB, KOBF, KOBR, and their associated channel streams. The Master Control Supervisor facilitates the efficient operation of MC by regularly monitoring the performance of MCOs, assuring standard operating procedure compliance, improving and updating procedures, and ensuring MC equipment is working correctly, documenting and tracking any equipment problems.
- Operates and is knowledgeable in all equipment associated with the master control system, including operation of remote transmission relays and backup power sources
- Provide critical diagnostic information for Engineering staff and manufacturer support staffs regarding any equipment malfunction
- Train and supervise all MCOs, ensuring operator proficiency; is primarily responsible for creating, maintaining and ensuring compliance with MC standard operating procedures
- Oversee day-to-day operation of MC by preparing work schedules for MCOs, developing and updating written SOPs for MC, and developing station specific operator manuals for all Master Control equipment
- Ensure all MCOs are fully trained on new and existing equipment and are able to operate with station and Federal requirements, develops training procedures and provides training sessions as needed
- Assure proper staffing of MC, scheduling regular shift responsibilities and serving as on-call replacement for staff vacation and sick coverage
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports, regularly reviewing these documents to identify areas needing improvement.
- Evaluate the performance of Master Control Operators at regular intervals, holding regular meetings with staff to maintain standards of operation and identify any problems or issues needing to be addressed.
- Act as hiring manager for Master Control. Supervises Master Control Operators and is responsible for resolving any employee issues that arise, including but not limited to: performance evaluations, timecard and scheduling issues, disciplinary procedures, and employee terminations
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Foster a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness with co-workers in news, operations, traffic and promotions as well as management. Act in a professional manner while at work.
- Report to work on time and works established schedule/hours. Ready to cover Master Control when others are sick or on vacation and when special programming requires additional operators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills-in person, in writing and over the phone. Ability to read, write and speak English well.
- High school diploma required, 2-4 yr higher education certificate/degree preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure while multi-tasking to meet tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- 3+ yrs of Master Control operations with multi-channel operations preferred;
- Solid PC skills required to handle use of internet to deliver news material.
- Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected changes calmly.
- Follows directions and instructions well yet offers solutions or ideas.
- Strong team player. Works well with others. Fosters a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Master Control equipment. Also understands broadcast techniques and language and can demonstrate proficiency in use of equipment, techniques and language.
- Knowledge of commercial server play list management and operation.
- Proficient hand-eye coordination to monitor multiple screens with accuracy.