Website Hubbard Broadcasting
The position of Weekend Meteorologist is responsible content of station weather casts on-air and on our digital platforms. This position issues warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps and report live during weather events.
- Forecast, produce and present clear and concise weather casts which tell a story and connect with viewers.
- Effectively utilize social media, during severe weather and everyday situations, as well as write weather stories.
- Work with producers and fellow meteorologists to determine relevant weather content in breaking news and everyday situations, doing live shots and reporting from community events.
- Enterprise stories in line with our brand on a daily basis.
- This position will use cameras, research sources and editing equipment.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming as directed by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- An AMS seal or the CBM from the American Meteorological Society is preferred.
- Experience with computer graphics and radar.
- Excellent weather and news judgment.
- Ability to think critically, quick and effective decision making and live ad-libbing.
- Ability to work well under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience, shooting and editing in non-linear format.
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked and a background.
- Demo reel or online portfolio required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.