Website Hubbard Broadcasting
This position is responsible for covering and reporting the news for the station.
- Present live on television scripted and unscripted news reports; may present live stories from the scene of the news, the newsroom and/or studio or may tape stories for later broadcast.
- Enterprise and develop stories for broadcast daily.
- Research and gather content for story.
- Write clear, accurate and interesting stories.
- Break down complicated and involved stories so that they are easy to understand.
- Ensure that any visuals shown are relevant, appropriate and impactful.
- Maintain standards of accuracy and fairness in news coverage.
- Write for and maintain strong presence on website and other social media platforms.
- Travel to the scene of a news story to gather and compile the information into the proper form for broadcast.
- Complete assignments according to established deadlines.
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local and national current events.
- Make promotional and community appearances as required.
- Maintain professional standards with regard to wardrobe, hair, cosmetics, and other areas of grooming as required for position.
- Write and post stories to website and other digital media platforms. Frequently update online stories.
- Work closely and respectfully with assigned photographers.
- Communicate frequently throughout the day and work collaboratively with others in the newsroom.
- Contribute to the overall team effort to provide the market with the best possible local television journalism. Work in a team environment cooperatively and collaboratively with a variety of people. Build working relationships with co-workers, community members, and the general public.
- Act in a professional manner when representing the station.
- Attend editorial and strategic meetings. Contribute story ideas on a daily basis.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed, as assigned by the News Director.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- College degree in journalism, television or communications or equivalent experience; solid journalism background with multi-year experience in a reporting role.
- Great storyteller.
- Must be knowledgeable of issues, newsmakers, and current events and be able to present stories in a way that is accurate, clear, complete, and relevant to viewers.
- Ability to handle a variety of news reporting assignments, including but not limited to, live appearances on the news set, breaking news and remote locations.
- Solid writing skills required. Knowledge of production values required.
- Ability to get along and communicate with a variety of people in often extreme circumstances.
- Must be able to think quickly and respond to breaking news in high pressure situations and have strong organization and live reporting skills.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think critically and quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to read Teleprompter, to view videotape, and to listen to live and recorded audio.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, holidays; and extended hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving history as determined by company. Driver’s record will be checked.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Work with time sensitive and sometimes confidential information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and camera equipment as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.).
- Must be able to move quickly at times from newsroom to edit booths to studio.
- Must be able to maintain stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Travels locally daily. May travel regionally or nationally from time to time.
Please submit a demo tape in DVD format or a demo reel link of your on-air experience along with your resume and cover letter. When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate’s work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations. For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser: https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/