Website Hubbard Broadcasting
This position is responsible for producing content on company’s website(s) to include local news, weather, sports and public information content.
- Write print stories for websites using such sources as broadcast scripts, Associated Press wire stories and raw news facts.
- Create images to appear with stories using an online tool, edit video clips and post to website.
- Work with Reporters, Anchors, Photographers and Producers to generate interactive elements and additional content for news stories.
- Identify and post engaging social media content on station's various platforms that matches overall goals for news and community outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of news writing experience (newspaper or web writing preferred).
- Computer proficiency, including experience with digital publishing content management systems; photo editing, video editing, and basic HTML tags.
- Bachelor 's degree or equivalent experience.
- Sound news judgment and excellent writing skills (inlc. spelling and grammar).
- Ability to have initiative, judgment and hands-on determination to take a web story from conception to post under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with outside vendors and content providers.
- A passion to constantly generate new, fresh and unique content that is up-to-the-minute and community focused.
- Prior experience using major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube is required.
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
You must sign in to apply for this position.