Website Hubbard Broadcasting
This position is responsible for producing content on company’s website(s) to include local news, weather, sports and public information content.
- Write print stories for websites using such sources as broadcast scripts, Associated Press wire stories and raw news facts.
- Create images to appear with stories using an online tool, edit video clips and post to website.
- Work with Reporters, Anchors, Photographers and Producers to generate interactive elements and additional content for news stories.
- Identify and post engaging social media content on station's various platforms that matches overall goals for news and community outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of news writing experience (newspaper or web writing preferred).Computer proficiency, including experience with digital publishing content management systems; photo editing, video editing, and basic HTML tags.
- Bachelor 's degree or equivalent experience.
- Sound news judgment and excellent writing skills (inlc. spelling and grammar).
- Ability to have initiative, judgment and hands-on determination to take a web story from conception to post under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with outside vendors and content providers. A passion to constantly generate new, fresh and unique content that is up-to-the-minute and community focused. Prior experience using major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube is required. Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
You must sign in to apply for this position.