Website Hubbard Broadcasting
Perform comprehensive HR administration, serving as the primary contact for the market regarding recruitment, on-boarding, and benefits. Ensure that policies and procedures are administered consistently and in compliance with applicable FCC, Federal, and State Laws.
- Monitor and enforce the application of a broad range of administrative policies (both personnel and procedural) to keep station in line with external regulators and internal approved practices (including, but not limited to FCC compliance, Personal Service Contract agreements, business ethics, employment practices, insurance policies, etc.)
- Administer procedures for recruitment, new hires, transfers, promotions, compensation, and terminations. Partners with manager to facilitate timely processing.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll for market, including hours review and analysis.
- Complete monthly commission calculations and be the point of knowledge for commission processes and questions.
- Oversee the implementation of FCC EEO Program to help ensure compliance. With assistance from Corp HR, ensure the market's annual EEO Public File Report is completed and EEO compliance measures have been performed in a timely manner, consistent with current EEO specifications and in accordance with licensing renewal measures.
- Administer and monitor the recruitment and selection process to ensure employment opportunities are widely disseminated within the appropriate communities.
- Work with managers to update job posting and descriptions, establish criteria to identify qualified applicants, screen candidates in a timely manner, and send offers as requested.
- Facilitate orientation for new employees to ensure a positive first day experience.
- Working with the Controller and Vice President/General Manager, serve as liaison between employees and Hubbard Broadcasting's Corporate offices when concerns arise.
- Ensure performance reviews are thorough and completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate efforts to promote a positive work culture including, but not limited to: employee welfare activities, DEIB initiatives, and workplace improvement suggestions.
- Perform accounting projects as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Two plus years of varied Human Resources experience
- Record of being entrusted with and having successfully safeguarded significant private and confidential information.
- Proven experience maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, health and welfare benefits, FMLA, HIPPA compliance, ADA, etc.
- Public speaking skills and experience in training employees.
- Ability to ensure all pertinent HR Department documentation is appropriately stored and handled.
- Ability to use software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and various Internet skills. (ADP experience preferred)
- Proven ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work an established schedule and other hours from time to time for special events or circumstances.
- Work collaboratively across all departments and act in a professional manner when representing the station.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position.
- Works in a professional, collaborative team environment. Normally a typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Compensation and Benefits: When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations. For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser: https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/" Diversity Statement: Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU. Apply online at https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/
You must sign in to apply for this position.