Website Hearst Television
KOAT TV is looking for a Sports Reporter/Anchor Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit video and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the big story.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. Variable shift possible.
- Put together high quality packages.
- Coverage of breaking news and sports
- Develop sources and generate story ideas
- Shoot and edit live shots and live Interviews
- Shoot, track and edit news stories
- Work with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries
- Must be available to work weekends
- At least one year television news reporting, photography and editing
- Breaking news/sports reporter and anchor
- Creative writer and packager
- Military multimedia experience will be considered
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Good personality. Must connect with viewers
- Must enjoy being part of a team.
- Excellent writing and packaging skills
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
- Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
- Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience