Website Hearst Television
KOAT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station’s live newscasts. Technical Directors have knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. You will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities. You will report to the News Production Manager.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst’s benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family’s needs
- Oversee the visual direction of newscasts
- Provide creative input and will work with the newscast producer and production crew
- Responsible for clean technical execution of the look of the newscast
- Call and punch a newscast
- 2+ years of experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station
- Experience operating several broadcast equipment
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Must be willing to work mornings and provide back up on holidays and vacation
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience with a Sony DVS Production Switcher
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful
- Related military experience will be considered