Website Gray Television
Western Mass News is looking for a highly qualified candidate to become a Sales Manager with both Local and Digital sales management responsibilities. The ideal candidate has a solid track record of successfully driving new local direct revenue through both television broadcast & digital solutions. We are looking for an experienced leader who loves building, coaching & mentoring a team of sales professionals and assistants and will lead by example in developing & growing a network of relationships within the community. Strong technical expertise is also a must – pricing & inventory management, negotiating business to drive revenue & share, and pending/forecasting/budgeting. We have a great culture & talented sales team driven to succeed.
Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work in collaboration with sales management to foster & promote a positive, successful culture.
- Passion for recruiting, coaching, training, and developing multi-platform sellers.
- Manage a team of Account Executives (AE's)
- Guide and oversee the local sales teams' selling efforts to achieve/exceed revenue goals with agency and direct clients across all platforms.
- Maintain effective internal systems and processes to ensure the development of new and existing accounts and to help keep AE's accountable & on track to achieve/exceed revenue goals.
- Cultivate & maintain excellent agency and direct relationships with existing & new clients.
- Possess emphatic levels of customer service with the goal to exceed clients' expectations.
- Strong understanding of marketing, promotions, sponsorships, community outreach programs & advertising with an emphasis on creating strategies that grow revenue & support local businesses.
- Work in partnership with the sales management team to forecast revenue, manage budgets, and execute strategic plans.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational, and sales experience in addition to a proven track record of top performance.
- Exceptional skills in recruiting, coaching, and training sellers.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in local television broadcast and/or digital sales management, strategic planning, and a proven track record of leadership and sales success, including the development of new local direct revenue & agency negotiations.
- Solid understanding of how television & digital products work together to create success for clients. Very strong digital product knowledge to include a full suite of solutions – OTT/CTV, streaming, targeted display & video, social media, email marketing, SEM/SEO, etc.
- Goal-oriented, driven & know how to motivate a local sales team to achieve their sales goals.
- Can multi-task & manage multiple projects, communicate across departments, and ensure projects & campaigns are executed as proposed and sold.
- Strong organizational, written, and presentation skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Competitive, persuasive (ability to overcome objections), energetic, and self-motivated traits.
- Proficient in key industry software platforms – Wide Orbit, WOMS, Matrix, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and auto insurance.
You must sign in to apply for this position.