Website Gray Television
Western Mass News is seeking a meteorologist to join our award-winning news team in Springfield, MA. The meteorologist in this position would do weekend evening weather, as well as fill-in for our meteorology staff during the week. You will work with the News Director and our other meteorologists to execute our First Alert Weather strategy.
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Named 2021 Station of the year by the Massachusetts Broadcasters Association, Western Mass News is a licensed television station in Springfield, Massachusetts, and serves the Pioneer Valley. The networks of Western Mass News include ABC 40, Fox 6 and CBS 3. WGGB (Western Mass News) is located in Springfield, MA and has the ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates. Our three major networks and digital platform speak daily to over half of Western Mass and the area businesses. We have Western Mass’s most live programming, from the Oscars to all the major live sporting events.
Responsibilities:The meteorologist in this position would do weekend evening weather, as well as fill-in for our meteorology staff during the week. You will work with the News Director and our other meteorologists to execute our First Alert Weather strategy.
- Must have ability to prepare and deliver daily weather forecast using weather data and computers.
- Report live and do hits in-studio, especially in instances of severe weather.
- Flexibility to work any shift, including nights, weekends, mornings, and holidays and to come into the station when necessary for severe weather coverage.
- A presence on digital platforms, including station's website, streaming app, and social media.
- Post and regularly update stories and weather information on the Western Mass News website.
- Assisting in the development of weather specials.
- Bachelor's degree in meteorology or related field is preferred.
- Basic experience with weather computer systems (WSI) is preferred.
You must sign in to apply for this position.