Website Gray Television
KTTC is a dominant NBC affiliate, serving Rochester, Austin, and Mason City as the #1 station for news, information, and entertainment programming. KTTC strives for leadership, and does this by keeping viewers safe and informed, supporting non-profits and organizations that serve the community, and helping our local businesses grow.
All employees accept personal responsibility for maintaining the professional culture at KTTC. The KTTC leadership team believes in workplaces “Free of discrimination, harassment, and incivility – and filled with opportunity, especially for those who’ve been traditionally denied it,” (a definition adopted by the work and training put forth by the Power Shift Project). If you value kindness and respect as much as we do, please apply.
Learn more about KTTC: https://www.kttc.com/page/living-working-and-playing-in-rochester-minnesota/
KTTC is looking for a first-of-its-kind position in Rochester, Minnesota. A successful candidate will split their time between the news and production departments. This hybrid position will help lead the production and execution of large-market style newscasts and collaborate with newsroom producers and reporters on gathering engaging and creative visuals. This position is an excellent opportunity to cross train in two distinct areas of news production.
Responsibilities:Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: DIRECTOR RESPONSIBLITIES
- Directing newscasts as assigned
- Operating Ross Xpression graphics, Ross video switcher and Ross Furio camera system
- Operating audio board during live newscasts
- Coordinating with newscast producers on show execution
- Staffing live shots as assigned
- Shooting stories independently and with other newsroom staff
- Editing video for newscasts
- Shooting, writing and editing video for stories as assigned
- Possess strong communication skills and ability to operate technology in a live production environment
- Understand writing in AP style for broadcast and digital platforms
- Familiarity with non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut X, etc.)
- Experience with Avid iNews, Media Composer a plus
- A desire to grow and learn every day
- Enjoy a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
You must sign in to apply for this position.