Website Gray Television
KTTC Television in Rochester, MN is looking for a digital news producer to help create and grow our digital content. This person will help produce our noon newscast and contribute to our digital platforms. This role is vital to our newsroom’s mission of being “digital first”.
KTTC is the leading NBC affiliate, serving Rochester, Austin, and Mason City as the #1 station for news, information, and entertainment programming. KTTC strives for leadership in our industry and in our community, and does this by keeping viewers safe and informed, supporting non-profits and organizations that serve the community, and helping our local businesses grow.
All employees accept personal responsibility for maintaining the professional culture at KTTC. The KTTC leadership team believes in workplaces “Free of discrimination, harassment, and incivility – and filled with opportunity, especially for those who’ve been traditionally denied it,” (a definition adopted by the work and training put forth by the Power Shift Project).
To learn more about KTTC visit: https://www.kttc.com/page/living-working-and-playing-in-rochester-minnesota/
Responsibilities:Our viewers expect KTTC to be a leader when it comes to breaking news and weather. This role will be integral to our team’s ability to cover the big stories and help produce quality newscasts covering southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa. In this position you will write scripts, edit video, and produce newscasts as well as post content to our digital platforms and mobile app. Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Editing video
- Writing news copy
- Collaborate with anchors on show content and format
- Writing and posting digital stories
- Work with newsroom staff on creation of original digital content
- Opportunity to fill-in produce on other shows as needed
- Entry-level position; ability to learn quickly and retain information
- Video editing skills
- Knowledge of AP writing style
- Excellent communication skills - ability to write in clear and conversational language
- Working knowledge of current events and community issues
- Ability to handle and adjust to last-minute changes
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
You must sign in to apply for this position.