Website Gray Television
KMOT-TV is the NBC affiliate in Minot, North Dakota, and the only locally-broadcast 6 and 10 p.m. newscasts in North Central North Dakota. A job at KMOT is a learning experience unlike any you’ll find in a classroom–here, you’ll get to shoot, write, and edit your own material, while receiving feedback and coaching from veteran journalists who monitor your progress. Our viewers have come to depend on our news team to be quick, and fair and accurate, from the first tweet and post, to the nightly wrap-up and anchor explainer, you’ll get all the news.
KMOT has an opportunity open for a multimedia journalist. Experience is not necessary but preferred. Qualified candidates must be willing to learn all aspects of television news. Writing, producing, videography, editing, and anchoring.
Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Write, shoot, edit stories
- Use social media as a way to enhance reporting
- Research story ideas/plan ahead
- Assist with producing if needed
- Participate in editorial meetings
- Opportunities for fill-in anchoring based on interest and ability
- Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for being called in after hours if news breaks
- Represent the station at public events
- Communications/Broadcast Journalism or equivalent degree is preferred
- Ability to carry 20-30 lbs. of equipment
- Knowledge of proper use of social media in covering news (Facebook Live, Twitter, etc.)
- General interest in news/current events
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
You must sign in to apply for this position.