14 News has an immediate opening for a talented Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ). Successful candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, and confidence to our newscasts. This person is a strong writer, who has the ability to tell memorable stories, demonstrate strong news judgement, and have a keen sense of logistics. Duties of this job include live reporting, creative shooting, writing, editing and posting of news stories, both hard news and features. Must have good writing skills and must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Gather, write and present news reports for various newscasts including various digital platforms
– Shoot and edit video and interviews using PS High Definition cameras and non-linear editing programs
– Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day both the field and the station
– Develop a network of sources
– Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
– Shoot independent live shots
– Other duties as assigned by Content Management
– Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
– 1-2 years reporting experience/live reporting, preferred
– Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual story-telling ability
– Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and Social Media platforms
– Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
– Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed
– Valid Driver’s License and pre-employment drug screen required.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.