Website Gray Television
The Technician is a position established to assist the maintenance and Operation department at WFSB. Performs troubleshooting of Broadcast and IT hardware and software problems on all Broadcast equipment. Provides prompt service in support of daily News Department operations and other station departments. Performs preventative maintenance as appropriate on equipment. Installs, updates, and documents needed equipment changes to support the operational requirements of the facility. Respond to, communicate, manage, and track on-air technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment with the appropriate sense of urgency. Follow station, company, and industry standards for installation and documentation of new systems.
Responsibilities:Duties/ Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Engineering and Operations/Control Room functions.
- Schedule is based on need.
- Executing newscasts using the Grass Valley Ignite Automation System and building functionality within that system
- Coding rundowns in Avid iNews.
- Supporting all studio operations, including distributing & maintaining wireless microphones, operating studio cameras via the Telemetrics system, and assisting Technical Producers during their shows.
- Communicating effectively with team members in the newsroom, live in the field, and in various other departments daily.
- Completion of high school.
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast television or media preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a live broadcast television environment with hands-on control room experience.
- Experience operating and maintaining the Grass Valley Ignite Automation system.