Website Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
A Chief Engineer who will lead and manage a staff of Engineers and IT professionals. The overall job description is to maintain the station’s broadcast technology, facilities, and all equipment. In addition, ensure all stations follow FCC standards and guidelines.
Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repair and troubleshoot technical equipment and systems
- Responsible for station Engineering budget and project budgets
- Able to work with other Department Heads in planning and executing station projects
- Integration, maintenance, and operation of new and existing equipment including towers, transmitters, microwave and satellite gear, and tenant installations on 3 different islands.
- Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post-editing systems, field production support, and transmission of live/taped events & programs
- Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergencies
- Oversight and maintenance of all station physical assets including buildings and grounds
- Oversight of all broadcast and IT systems
- Understanding and compliance with EAS standards and practices
- Setup remote broadcasts on location
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Technical Degree in Electronic Engineering, Broadcasting, Information Technology or a related field
- 5 years or more experience in a broadcast television station
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Familiarity with Gray TV's TMP model preferred.
- Experience with video cameras, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems, editing systems, and live trucks
- Familiarity with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, satellite antennas, receivers, and other broadcast-related experience
- Be available “on call” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency engineering problems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, occasional work on ladders
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be able to create and maintain expense/capital budgets