Website Entravision Communications
Candidate should be well versed in the assignment desk operation. Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing when needed. Contribute to story ideas and participate actively in coverage decisions and editorial meetings. The candidate should have knowledge of social media and web content skills since he or she will have to update website and social media sites.
- Starts daily editorial meetings, develops interesting story ideas using strong editorial judgment.
- Coordinates interviews and logistics for field crews.
- Facilitates the news gathering process and ensures comprehensive coverage of all news stories across all platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital, and web.
- Develop enterprise story ideas consistent with the Entravision news brand.
- Cultivates contacts important to news coverage in the metropolitan area, including law enforcement.
- Monitors police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources for news and disseminate the information to appropriate newsroom personnel.
- Cooperates with and support news and online platforms as assigned.
- Writes compelling stories for newscasts and web distribution.
- Self starter who knows how to craft news, sports, and weather stories from beginning to end.
- Calls sources and follows-u on leads, identifying the most compelling video and sound.
- Masters the stations graphics system and uses all of the available information and media to craft compelling and accurate daily stories on-line and on air.
- Works closely with fellow producers, anchors, reporters, and ignites control room operators to ensure technically flawless newscasts.
- Does in-house packages and re-track stories when needed.
- Responsible for regularly updating station’s website; posting news or videos online coordinating web content with digital reporter.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.