Website Entravision Communications
KINT-TV, Univision 26 in El Paso, TX is looking for a dynamic, energetic, and self-motivated News Anchor. The successful candidate must possess good news judgement, high-degree of credibility and two to five years experience in performing broadcasting duties in a commercial TV newsroom. Candidate must speak and read from scripted materials such as news reports or commercial messages on television. Candidate will be responsible for daily content of newscasts writing, producing, and presenting accurate balanced daily news stories for the station’s newscast.
- Produces daily content for live newscasts and pre-recorded newscasts where applicable.
- Researches, investigates, writes, produces, and anchors general news or special news assignments-recorded and/or live from the studio/field.
- Produces newscasts rundowns.
- Works closely with Assignments Editor, Producers, MMJ’s and all other staff to ensure all stories are updated and fact checked.
- Should have the ability to create original content and stories for newscast when applicable.
- Attend and participate in off-site company sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Must have technical ability, strategic thinking, communication proficiency, leadership and teamwork.
- Should have a minimum of 2-5 years experience anchoring/reporting in television news with an emphasis on “live” studio and “in-the-field” reporting in a small to medium market.
- Experience with iNews.
- Must have experience developing contacts, producing hard news stories, be able to interpret and translate from English to Spanish accurately.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of television equipment and editing software (Adobe platform).
- Excellent and accurate grammatical Spanish and English language skills-both written and oral.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- A college degree in Journalism, Ration/Television or related field from an accredited University is preferred.
- Reports directly to News Director.