Website Entravision Communications
KINT-TV Univision 26 in El Paso, Texas is searching for a Multi Media Journalist/TV News Anchor.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include advanced editing skills since the candidate will be editing some of the newscasts.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily.
- Post video, pictures, and stories to website, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Must be well versed on local, national, and international entertainment news and issues of the day.
- Establish and preserve news contacts in the community.
- Participate in community related events organized by the station.
- Promote and deliver positive work atmosphere by means of professional manners, mutual respect, and clear communication with supervisors, peers, employees, community representatives and audience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two to five years experience as a video journalist.
- Must be able to interpret and translate from English to accurate Spanish.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer based video recording equipment and editing principles is required.
- Functional to advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
- Effective news writing ability for all platforms.
- Proficient in newsroom computer systems and applications.
- Storytelling ability, strong journalistic standards and ethics.
- Strong organization and motivational skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, manage breaking news situations, meet strict deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
- Flexible to work any assigned shift, including overnights, evenings and weekends.
- Possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent grammatically accurate Spanish language skills – both written and oral required.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
Additional Information: Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees. Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply. Apply online at www.entravision.com
You must sign in to apply for this position.