Website Entravision Communications
Assists with various aspects of news production. Responsible for shooting, writing, editing, and publishing content, coordinating interviews, and representing the station in community related events. Reports to the News Director.
- Creates multimedia content for multi-platform distribution (TV & digital)
- Shoots, writes, and edits story ideas
- Coordinates, organizes and conducts interviews
- Gathers, edits packages and publishes local news content-focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather, and Traffic.
- Writes text articles, publishes video clips and edits image galleries according to the local editorial “voice” in the station’s websites and social media accounts
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
- Assists producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
- Represents the station in community related events
- Technical capability
- Strategic thinking
- Communication proficiency
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- Must be fluent in Spanish (high level of reading, writing, and speaking the language is essential)
- Must have strong English Reading, writing, and speaking
- Reporting, shooting, writing, and editing experience with good ratings track record.
- Be informed on news events locally and nationally
- Ability to lift and/or carry and manage news photography and lighting equipment.
- Exposed frequently to outside conditions
- Must be able to work holidays
- Must work hours necessary to perform responsibilities as outlined above
- If not a citizen of USA, must have permanent work permit.