E.W. Scripps Media Inc, d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 & KASW-TV CW61
Building Maintenance Tech, KNXV
KNXV, the Scripps ABC station in Phoenix, AZ is hiring a Building Maintenance Tech IV! The Building Maintenance Tech IV will handle basic building maintenance operations as well as coordinate the use of vendors to facilitate larger repairs and projects. Responsible for efficient and effective functions of all facility related operations and coordinate maintenance of station vehicle fleet.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is one of the nation’s leading media companies, focused on creating a better-informed world through a portfolio of news, information and entertainment brands. Scripps will become the nation’s largest television broadcaster, reaching 73% of U.S. television households through 108 stations in 76 markets, pending regulatory approval of its acquisition of ION Media. Committed to serving local audiences through objective journalism, Scripps operates 60 local TV stations in 42 markets. It is creating a national TV networks business that will include ION Media’s entertainment programming, Newsy’s straightforward headline and documentary news content and the five popular Katz broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship for the company.
Responsibilities:WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2+ years facilities experience. Familiarity with vehicle systems, troubleshooting and basic maintenance. Interest in learning broadcast operations and systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people skills. Must be able to work well and constantly communicate (both written and verbally) with engineering department and news department regarding repair needs and status.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet all deadlines.
- Must be familiar with maintenance trades.
- Must have familiarity with OSHA requirements applicable facility-wide and have experience with safety programs.
- Must have experience with power tools and basic construction concepts.
- Occasionally may be required to reach, climb, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, use a ladder or crawl.
- Pull cabling throughout the facility, basic construction, drive and operate specialty vehicles as needed.
- Some night and weekend work as needed for projects.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Fun and interesting growth opportunity in a state-of-the-art HD broadcast facility with ever changing technology and cutting-edge equipment, including CNC router, 3D printing and welding equipment.
- Responsible for a wide range of technical repairs on the facility and associated various systems including broadcast equipment and wiring, Metasys controlled HVAC system, plumbing, electrical, and irrigation systems.
- Help to ensure that all facility equipment is maintained properly through daily, weekly, and monthly documented preventive maintenance in order that optimum performance can be expected and achieved.
- Keep facilities and departmental area safe, clean, and organized.
- Supervise general facility repairs, exterior and grounds maintenance, painting, parts and supplies purchasing.
- Position responsible for scheduling and coordinating maintenance on station vehicles as needed for repairs and 5k mileage service intervals. Occasional operation of live truck and field broadcast systems as needed for special events.
- Handle all other duties as assigned.