E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Senior Account Executive, KNXV/KASW
Are you a competitive sales professional who enjoys helping businesses grow? Come join us at ABC15 /CW affiliate in Phoenix, AZ as a Senior Media Account Executive! This E.W. Scripps news station is looking for an experienced sales professional who is hungry for new business development to partner with local businesses through creative and effective advertising.
As a Senior Account Executive, you’ll work with local sales management to help businesses reach their potential through leading commercial and digital advertising solutions. We’ll give you the tools you need to excel, like our coveted Scripps Sales Process training, along with continuous professional development opportunities. You’ll be boots on the ground and have the backing of a quality news product to reach your goals and earn a competitive commission.
We are committed to representing the audiences we serve. These are our neighbors, our friends and family. Our employees bring their whole selves to work – a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, life experiences and hobbies. We celebrate what makes us similar – like our passion for journalism — as much as we celebrate our differences. We welcome bright ideas and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that will help us shape the future of our industry. Bring your passion and we will nourish your career with the tools to help you exceed your wildest career aspirations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Extensive Scripps Sales Process training.
- A career path to grow your professional experiences.
- Uncapped sales commission.
- Bi-weekly reimbursement.
- Full benefits; medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement savings plan with company match.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Be responsible for selling commercial and digital advertising solutions, such as: Over-The-Top (OTT); search engine optimization (SEO); search engine marketing (SEM); social media; and broadcast commercial airtime to small, medium, large businesses and advertising agencies.
- Prospect, develop and maintain new business relationships in the market using the Scripps Sales Process and customized sales solutions.
- Negotiate advertising rates.
- Cultivate new relationships with the local business community by networking, cold calling and obtaining referrals.
- Develop and deliver creative advertising campaigns and media plans for each individual client.
- Effectively manage a sales funnel within the customer relationship management (CRM) software, achieve appointment setting and present key performance indicators.
- Perform client services, such as: presentations, media plan preparation, copywriting, collections, campaign performance reporting and credit applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field, preferred.
- At least 5 years of media sales experience.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Knack for relationship building.
- Results-driven attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Confidence to speak with decision makers.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required (proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required).
- And, if you have broadcast, digital or media experience, that’s a plus!
You must sign in to apply for this position.