E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Programming Photographer, KNXV/KASW
KNXV, The E.W. Scripps ABC station in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Programming Photographer to join our team.
The Programming Photographer will capture and edit visual content to air and stream on multiple KNXV/KSAW platforms. We seek someone who can shoot and edit on a high level, with the ability to work with sales clients to produce high level content. The right candidate must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, and the ability to handles multiple tasks in the field.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery, Laff and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Work closely with local programming producers to create and develop content to run on multiple platforms.
- Work with sales account executives to help develop compelling content for clients.
- Responsible for operating various content gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera, and video editing equipment.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Drive company vehicles for business purposes.
- Utilize graphics software packages for enhanced editing and appealing visual content.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's digital platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- At least 2-years of video shooting and editing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with lighting and advanced computer-based editing, including Final Cut Pro and AfterEffects.
- Demonstrated ability to shoot and edit content under scheduled deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with clients to make changes and edits to content.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.