E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
CREATIVE SERVICES PRODUCER
Are you proactive, extremely creative, and love to make things look and sound great? If so, KNXV/KASW, the Scripps ABC/CW affiliates in Phoenix, Arizona have an immediate opening for a highly creative, motivated Marketing Producer to join our award-winning creative services team. We are looking for a top-notch producer who can create multi-platform marketing that appeals to both traditional and new media audiences. Medium to large TV market experience is preferred and strong writing skills are a big plus. The creative services producer will work with the Marketing Manager and Director of Creative Services on execution of strategy and brand direction.
THE PERKS AT ABC15/CW61:
- A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas and acts on them.
- One of the most beautiful TV station facilities you’ll ever work in.
- A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each month.
- 300+ sunny days a year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
- A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
- Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
- A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
- A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona an even better place to live.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Conceptualize, write, shoot, and edit promos including image, topicals, programming, social and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings for ABC15, CW61 and our social media channels.
- Works closely with the news and sales teams, creative services producers, and leadership staff on social media development and promotional script ideas.
- Produce station image campaigns, investigative promos, and sales/community initiatives. This includes development of concept, copywriting, shooting and spot production.
- Attends news and sales meetings as needed to discuss all campaign direction and implementation.
- Publishes and manages content on multiple digital platforms, including the station's local website, mobile and social networks using current production and web-delivery tools.
- Produces digital video when assigned to increase our user engagement.
- Design and create still and motion graphics for on-air, web, and print.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven and creative environment.
- Be a team player who takes initiative to further the station's brand.
- Assist in promotional events which could include nights and/or weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned by station leadership.
- Minimum one year of writing and producing experience in Creative Services or related field.
- Strong ability to write conversationally.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with others.
- Able to interpret research and write compelling promotional copy to recruit and retain viewership and generate product/service sales.
- Must have direct knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
- Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Proficient in non-linear editing systems such as Premiere or Final Cut Pro X, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and After Effects.
- Knowledge of shooting video with various cameras.
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
- Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
- Must be able to work some nights and/or weekends when needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, advertising, or related field.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and proof of insurance required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.