E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Off-Camera Multimedia Journalist, KNXV
KNXV, the E.W. Scripps ABC station in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for an off-camera Multimedia Journalist to find, research, and report on stories and events of interest to the local community.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Work with anchors to produce content for newscasts.
- Write, edit, and organize stories for live reports, taped interviews, and/or online.
- Research, write, edit, post, and capture visual content for multiple platforms.
- Gather and verify factual information for stories through interviews, observation, and research.
- Generate daily creative story ideas in alignment with station brand and strategic plan.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years prior applicable experience.
- Computer literate, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience.
- Edit video on various editing systems.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various platforms.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.