E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
KNXV, Phoenix’s ABC affiliate, is searching for a talented Graphic Artist. Come work your magic and make great TV with the A-team in the Valley of the Sun. You should have plenty of graphics swagger and the demo to back it up!
Please include a link to your demo on your resume, otherwise, we may not peek at your resume.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Work with Executive Producers to develop new ways of showcasing stories and developing visuals to support this endeavor.
- Conceptualize unique visual techniques to make reporter pieces stronger and SING.
- Ability to provide support through a variety of channels: TV, digital, web, video and other as assigned.
- Develop, and construct visually compelling graphics with careful focus on the station’s brand.
- Assist in developing and executing design concepts; be a part of the editorial process to develop ideas in setting a story apart from the noise.
- Assist with video production (shooting, editing, etc.).
- Help edit photos for final approval.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Requirements:WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience working in digital or print design.
- Proficiency with software programs such as Adobe Suite, Final Cut X, etc.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods via visual media.
- Knowledge of design art and techniques.
- Strong graphic design skills; experience with multiple dimension animation.
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Top-notch verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented and able to turn around product in a nanosecond.
You must sign in to apply for this position.