E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Finance Director, KNXV/KASW/KGUN
Works as a key business partner in analyzing financial performance to ensure the market/brand is appropriately planning, budgeting, and forecasting to hit short-term and long-term financial goals. This may include, but is not limited to, identifying how to improve operating performance, optimize capital deployment and measure the success of strategic opportunities and initiatives. This role works closely with the leadership team(s) to analyze historical results, identify business trends, assess viability of business opportunities, develop strategic plans and measure success to provide recommendations for future business decisions. This position will be located at KNXV / KASW in Phoenix and will also be responsible for KGUN in Tucson.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Provide strategic leadership and execution of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and local analysis needs.
- Facilitates the development of the long-range plan, providing financial modeling to ensure alignment with overall business objectives. Identifies and communicates status, risks, and opportunities.
- Develops and maintains dashboards of key performance indicators to measure progress toward achievement of key strategic business goals, recommending corrective action and realignment as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Works closely with corporate FP&A team to assist with contingency planning and developing alternative solutions to address financial matters.
- Supports the business through ad hoc financial projections, analysis, and reporting, including new business opportunities, sales forecasts, pricing analysis, profitability analysis, P&L review, variance analysis, revenue score-carding, audience delivery analysis, workforce analysis, programming projections and analysis and other ad-hoc decision support.
- Leads the budgeting and forecasting processes for the station/brand while working closely with regional or division leadership. Also leads preparation of capital budgets and prepares ROI analysis.
- Works with appropriate department(s) to review locally negotiated contracts.
- In coordination with Scripps’ centralized accounting team (Global Process Owners - GPOs), serves as liaison and local subject matter expert for accounting operations and financial reporting.
- Monthly close: Participates in pre-/post-close meetings to ensure accounting is aware of key transactions affecting the close process and that the final financials reflect expected results and key transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in finance, accounting, or operations planning and analysis required.
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of financial, analytical and leadership competence and business acumen.
- Possess broad range of capabilities, including being a strategic leader, skilled negotiator, and an accomplished executor
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think independently.
- Demonstrate excellent financial modeling and analytical skills for budgeting and forecasting combined with a strong attention to detail and the ability to present complex, detailed financial information in a usable format to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work closely with a leadership team while building trusting relationships and partnerships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate deep level of understanding of the industry, core financial and success drivers and processes.
- Able to drive change within an ever-evolving media landscape.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, applicable tax principles and relationships.
- Intermittent travel may be required.
- Standard office environment.
You must sign in to apply for this position.