E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
KNXV/KASW, the Scripps ABC/CW affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, is looking for a Director. This individual works in all areas of television production and is responsible for technical directing of fast paced, complex newscasts and other local programming as well as assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Oversees the set up and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting. Constructs and dismantles set.
- Ensures smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
- Troubleshoots technical problems during production or broadcast.
- Directs assigned newscasts, which include “switching” newscasts and other productions, completing the pre-production for all newscasts, and checking all sources prior to air.
- Monitors the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
- Works closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained with a minimal number of errors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a director/technical director.
- Working knowledge of television station production equipment.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar, and spelling.
- Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working well with commercial clients while adding a creative look to commercial spots.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of television production, lighting, character generators, and news automation.
- Must be a team player.
- Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings, and possible overtime hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
You must sign in to apply for this position.