E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Digital Strategist, KNXV/KASW
KNXV/KASW in Phoenix, AZ has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Strategist who will be responsible for driving revenue growth through expert product knowledge, creating custom campaign presentations, and providing sales expertise and campaign strategy/guidance to a team of Account Executives and their respective clients. This is a market-based, client-facing role working under the guidance of the Director of Sales.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery, Laff and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Provide guidance, participate in product training for designated products which include but are not limited to: Display/Video/Social, Targeted Network Display/Pre-roll, Facebook, AdWords, SEO, OTT/CTV solutions, email, and contesting.
- Make 4 legged sales calls to consistently achieve digital market revenue goals by increasing digital campaigns with new and existing clients.
- Provide campaign guidance to Account Executives; develop strategy, help create presentations, establish KPIs, provide pacing, assist in the close of the sale, provide optimization and upsell recommendations.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with account executives to review pacing, spending, etc.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape, and monitors market trends and industries to identify new opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years sales experience, closing business and managing clients.
- Prefer experience in a sales leadership, advisory, or supervisory capacity.
- Experience in creating and successfully executing multi-faceted digital campaigns.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, DFP, Facebook Audience Insights.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment.
- Must have proven prospecting and closing capabilities.
- Full understanding of entire digital portfolio of products.
- Successfully sell designated digital products.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop campaigns, communicate effectiveness, and make recommendations that result in effective advertiser solutions.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics to develop creative sales solutions.
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and deliver internal and/or client-facing presentations.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues, and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions, and mileage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Google Sheets/Docs/Slides and other programs such as customer relations software (WideOrbit, AdBook).
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.