E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Digital Content Producer, KASW/KNXV
KASW and KNXV, Phoenix’s CW and ABC affiliates, are seeking a Digital Content Producer. If you are a passionate and creative newsie, please read on. This position will organize and write scripts and update content on digital platforms. The primary focus will be on our local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. This position is responsible for creating compelling content that is aligned with and enhances the station’s and/or Scripps brand.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by Dec. 1, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing. This requirement excludes positions located in Montana.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Write and edit content including headlines, short news alerts and teases, and enhancing content with outside links, maps, slideshows.
- Publish and manage content on multiple digital platforms, including the station's local website, mobile and social networks using current production and web-delivery tools.
- Produce digital video when assigned.
- Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news, and severe weather to ensure high quality, consistent community coverage online.
- Build out special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
- Update and interact with fans/followers on social media.
- Anchor/host content for digital platforms as assigned.
- Coordinate with editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos, and graphics.
- Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
- Optimize the user experience by tracking live web metrics and user experience best practices.
- Apply SEO best practices to every piece of content.
- BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in related field.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, HTML, Audio Editing, Image Editing, CSS and Social Networking preferred.
- Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content.
- Must have basic HTML formatting skills and knowledge of how to FTP/publish web content.
- Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and need to multi-task.
- Must have strong newspaper-style writing, editing, and headline skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/hand-held video cameras.
- Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
- Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website.
You must sign in to apply for this position.