E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Content Producer, KNXV/KASW
Are you a News Producer looking to do something a little different? If so, come join us at KNXV/KASW, the Scripps ABC/CW affiliate in Phoenix, AZ. The Let Joe Know team investigates bad business practices, holds scammers accountable, and helps solve consumer issues daily. In this role you will be conducting interviews, writing packages, and selecting stories of interest to you. You’ll expose issues and help individuals who cannot find any help anywhere else. You’ll also schedule special events coverage for one of the strongest consumer-advocate brands in the country.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Plans, researches, sets-up and builds-out enterprise stories for assigned show(s).
- Creates a daily coverage plan of compelling, relevant, and timely local content for assigned show(s).
- Collaborates with assigned show(s) executive producer(s) to ensure coverage being delivered aligns with the vision for show.
- Works with the production team to ensure advance planning is a key part of the assigned shows’ newscast development each day, so that there is depth and balance with breaking or overnight news.
- Tracks and plans coverage of newsworthy stories including scheduled events and known news and weather events.
- Networks and cultivates local news sources in the coverage area that lead to compelling content.
- May be involved in dispatching and guiding the work of a small assignment team consisting of a mix of Multi-Media Journalist, Reporter, and/or photographers.
- Works with team to research, write, and produce content for multiple platforms.
- Coordinates with digital and social media staff to facilitate content delivery to those platforms.
- May produce stories for special event programming.
- May set up interviews for newscasts.
- May work with special projects team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Journalism or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in multi-platform content gathering and/or distribution.
- Knowledge of local market strongly preferred with the ability to network and cultivate sources that lead to compelling content.
- Excellent verbal, written, and social media communication skills.
- Working knowledge of industry technologies and practices.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, social media programs and newsroom computer systems, including iNews.
- Ability to collaborate well in a team.
- Effective delegation and problem resolution skills.
- Proficiency computer-based editing, Final Cut Pro.
- Work Environment: Office environment
You must sign in to apply for this position.