E.W. Scripps Media Inc, d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
ABC15 and CW61in Phoenix, AZ has an immediate opening for a Content Coordinator. The content coordinator manages, edits, and tracks incoming and outgoing content for multiple platforms.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is one of the nation’s leading media companies, focused on creating a better-informed world through a portfolio of news, information, and entertainment brands. Scripps will become the nation’s largest television broadcaster, reaching 73% of U.S. television households through 108 stations in 76 markets, pending regulatory approval of its acquisition of ION Media. Committed to serving local audiences through objective journalism, Scripps operates 60 local TV stations in 42 markets. It is creating a national TV networks business that will include ION Media’s entertainment programming, Newsy’s straightforward headline and documentary news content and the five popular Katz broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Monitor, communicate, and traffic all incoming content.
- Collaborate with newsroom staff to achieve editorial objectives.
- Identify issues with incoming content, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions.
- Maintenance storage and capacity of SAN.
- Edit content for use on multiple platforms.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment; including but not limited to video editing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the multitude of paths by which content is imported and exported.
- Communicate consistently with newsroom staff regarding content, including but not limited to coordinating with field crews.
- Distribution of content to other Scripps units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective delegation and problem resolution skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency computer-based editing, Final Cut Pro.
You must sign in to apply for this position.