E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Commercial Production Videographer, KNXV/KASW
KNXV/KASW, Phoenix’s ABC and CW affiliates, are seeking an extremely creative, hardworking, and self-motivated Commercial Production Videographer to come make TV magic in the Valley of the Sun. This person will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, shooting, editing, and developing commercials for sales presentations, commercials, and promotional spots. If you are an independent hotshot, we have the right job for you.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Shoot video for wide range of station projects, including commercials, sales presentations, promotional spots, and programming.
- Edit video linear and non-linear for wide range of station projects, including commercials, sales presentations, promotional spots, and programming.
- Develop relationships with station clients.
- Work with clients, talent, Account Executives, and studio productions creating commercials and programming.
- Work with sales department and clients to conceptualize ideas and scripts to pitch to clients; help support sales department in preparation for presentations.
- Direct talent and operate camera on commercial shoots.
- Maintain Commercial Production Video and Music Library.
- Work with Director of Sales, Local Sales Managers, and Account Executives to organize and administer the scheduling of all writing, shooting, and editing for department productions.
- Edit on linear/non-linear edit systems and familiarity with digital based storage and servers.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by the Director of Sales.
- Drive company vehicle on various assignments.
- College degree in Communications or a related field preferred.
- At least two (2) years previous producing, editing, and writing experience in the broadcast industry.
- Extensive knowledge of video production, studio and remote lighting, editing, and creative graphic production.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, take initiative, and manage a flexible schedule with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to edit for digital files.
- Exceptional people skills and adaptability.
- Knowledge of iNews computer system preferred.
- Efficient in Adobe Suite and applications within.
- Licensed drone operator a plus.
- Lifting required: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Driving required: Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.