E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Assignment Manager, KNXV/KASW
Are you extremely organized, love to be in the middle of the action, and great at juggling multiple things? If so, KNXV/KASW, the Scripps ABC/CW affiliates in Phoenix, Arizona have an immediate opening for an Assignment Manager. You will be responsible for managing news assignments, coordinating logistics, monitoring news wires and scanners, and coordinating the assignment desk staff.
THE PERKS AT ABC15/CW61:
- A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas and acts on them.
- One of the most beautiful TV station facilities you’ll ever work in.
- A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each month.
- 300+ sunny days a year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
- A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
- Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
- A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
- A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona an even better place to live.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Supervise the assignment desk.
- Plan news coverage as directed by news management.
- Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgement.
- Make calls to news sources as needed, gaining appropriate and actionable information.
- Find stories, conduct research, and track story ideas in assignment desk computer with emphasis on key brand points.
- Publishing of online content.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by news management.
- Keep news managers and producers informed on progress of new stories.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or in a related field.
- Prior experience as assignment editor, assignment manager, or other related experience.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, non-linear, and production techniques.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently.
- Understanding of the principles of responsible journalism.
- Ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Ability to write effectively.
- May require evening and weekend work.
- Fast paced, newsroom environment.
You must sign in to apply for this position.