E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Executive Producer, WTVF
WTVF, the E.W. Scripps owned CBS affiliate in Nashville is looking for an Executive Producer to join our award-winning team.
The Executive Producer must be a proven newsroom leader who knows how to execute our content strategy, including winning multi-platform breaking news and weather coverage, maintain a strong sense of urgency with our newscast production and newsroom culture, and knows how to balance serious journalism with lighter moments critical to the success of our newscasts.
The Executive Producer will also play a key role in challenging the newsroom to develop and showcase context and depth to our coverage on all platforms. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for newscasts or local programs, including oversight on story selection, content, and production, ensuring that the station is competitive within the market.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law; however we are monitoring developments related to OSHA requirements which may supersede state law in the future.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Responsible for evening newscasts or local program content and showcasing across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with editors, producers and/or the real-time desk to select stories for coverage.
- Oversee and edit the writing of content, including but not limited to teases and web headlines.
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs and outlets.
- Provide regular feedback on newscasts with staff, both as a team and individually.
- Supervise pre-production to ensure quality and ethical standards and coordination between control Room and design staff.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field preferred.
- At least 4-years previous news producing experience preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Ability to create tactics and strategies to increase demo performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
- Have working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations.
You must sign in to apply for this position.